3-day course dates 11-13 of December, 2018.
Computer Systems Defence is a practical 3-day hands-on practical intensive course which tackles the methods and tools used by attackers to gain access to IT systems, and the potential countermeasures to cope with those attacks.
The course is built on practical hands-on event. The tasks are mainly focused on understanding the offensive side of IT security, particularly various attack vectors. The participants can try out several of the most common types of attacks on the cyber range environment provided by CybExer Technologies.
Participants will be provided with virtual machines based on Kali Linux. The majority of the tools used in the class are open-source.
In this course, the attendees can observe how pen testers and hackers work in a controlled environment:
- Get introduced to the phases of a penetration testing:
- Scanning and Enumeration
- Gaining Access
- Privilege Escalation
- Lateral Movement
- Provide an overview of possible and common cyber operations:
- Understand and be able to use different reconnaissance strategies
- Understand, observe and conduct different approaches to network scanning
- Observe and conduct different types of network infrastructure attacks
- Explore web application security
- Observe and conduct different methods of stealing credentials from Windows systems and using them to conduct Pass-the-Hash and Pass-the-Ticket attacks
In general, the expected audience should consist of people who have a good background in information technology, be it attained through university studies, practical experience or both. The course is aiming to train participants who will move on to attain the level of professional security practitioners or penetration testers. It is designed to prepare them for the tasks ahead.
Ideally, students should have experience in administrating Windows and Linux based systems, understand the main networking protocols and have some experience with web technologies.
Course is given by Tanel Tetlov and Ragnar Rattas
Course fee is 1490,00 EUR + VAT 20%